Opening Blitz Key for U15's

Under 15 Football League Division 1 Round 4

Seneschalstown 3-06 Ratoath 0-09

Seneschalstown picked up their second win of this year’s Under 15 Football League with a relatively comfortable six point win over visitors Ratoath on Wednesday night.

They were helped in no small part by a lightning quick start which yielded two goals in the opening 3 minutes which stunned their opponents and gave Seneschalstown a great cushion to build on.

Come the 32nd minute of the game, the hosts led by a massive 13 points and despite not troubling the scoreboard for the remainder of the game, the withstood the Ratoath comeback to win out by two clear goals in the end.

There wasn’t 40 seconds on the clock when the ball was in the net for the first time. Seneschalstown put together a nice move to unlock the Ratoath defence, with Jamie Norris rolling the ball into the corner of the net despite the best efforts of the keeper. Ratoath answered with their first point a minute later but Seneschalstown pounced for their second goal in the third minute. Charles McCarthy did extremely well to run straight at the heart of the Ratoath defence, before he spotted Norris waiting across the square. The pass was played to Norris who did the smart thing and punched the ball to the net first time, moving the lead out to five points. Another Ratoath point followed, with Adam Clarke notching Seneschalstown’s first point of the hour in the 8th minute.

Charles McCarthy did very well to add another point for his side, a strong run down the clubhouse side of the ground was matched with a tidy finish. Cathal Clarke was next to get his name on the scoresheet as Seneschalstown began to stretch their lead.

In the 21st minute, Charlie Finnegan found the target with a point from close range. From the kickout, the Clarke’s combined for Seneschalstown’s third goal. Adam broke the ball down and Cathal was on hand to pick up the loose ball. He looked up and spotted the keeper off his line, completing a wonderful lobbed effort into the unguarded net. There was only one more score in the final 10 minutes of the half, Charles McCarthy the scorer after cutting in onto his right foot.

The second half was a much quieter affair for the home side, Cian Hosie registering their only point from a free after a defender was adjudged to have overcarried. That increased the lead out to thirteen points, but to their credit Ratoath did reduce it back to 6 by the end of the game, scoring the final seven points on the trot.

This was a good performance from Seneschalstown move onto 4 points in the League table ahead of an away trip to St. Colmcille’s in the next round.

Seneschalstown: Thomas Kearns, Eoin McGauran, Colm McDonnell, Finn Nolan, Bradley Kirwan, James Sharkey, Tadhg Caffrey, Aran Carey, Charles McCarthy (0-02), Adam Clarke (0-01), Cian Hosie (0-01, 1f), Charlie Finnegan (0-01), Cathal Clarke (1-01), Jamie Norris (2-00), Jamie Barry.

Subs: Jimmy Markey, Cathal Reilly

Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer